Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Have you pinned today?

What is Pinterest?

"Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share, and discover new interests by posting (known as 'pinning' on Pinterest) images or videos to their own or others' boards (i.e. a collection of 'pins,' usually with a common theme) and browsing what other users have pinned" -infront.com 

Pinterest has more than 12 million users in the United States. It is now the third most visited websites. The most popular category on Pinterest is the "food and drink" with 11.9 percent of pins, followed by "DIY" (Do It Yourself) and crafts’ 9.2 percent and "home décor" 5.9 percent. 

How do business benefit from Pinterest? 

  • 25% of Fortune Global 100 companies have Pinterest accounts.
  • Pinterest pins with prices get 36% more likes than those without.
  • 43% of Pinterest members agree that they use Pinterest to “associate with retailers or brands with which I identify”, compared to just 24% of Facebook users who agree to the same use with Facebook.
  • The survey, which interviewed 7,431 online buyers from August 9 to 17 2012, also found that significantly more online consumers agree that Pinterest is a place to “get inspiration on what to buy” and “help keep track of or collect things I like.”
My views on Pinterest!

I love Pinterest! Any potential project that I may have questions about it, I am able to find a solution on Pinterest. I have a total of 35 boards ranging in topics from hair, nails, food, fashion and work out tips to name a few. If I'm trying to find a last minute do it yourself gift, or a new recipe I am able to locate it on Pinterest! So if you don't have one, then what are you waiting for?! Let's start pinning! 




No comments:

Post a Comment